Today is Thanksgiving and I will not have enough time to write all the things I’m thankful for. However, I would not have such a long list if it weren’t for my Savior, Jesus Christ! He is truly blessing my family daily! He helped me take my mess and turn it into a Message. I can’t put into words how thankful I am for God and my friends for not giving up on me! All that makes me think about the orphans around the world who feel like they have been given up on. It breaks my heart! Rhees and I have been struggling through the questions….Is Adoption Right For Us? Is it God’s Plan? and many, many, many what if questions!!! So, I’m going to share with you a small portion of what God has told us about those questions. I’ll try to keep it short….there might have to be a part 2 later!
When we began to pray about these questions I knew we were going to have to be listening carefully. So, I got myself a notebook!!! I didn’t want to miss anything! So, that’s why I said there might have to be a part 2 …..God was chattin’ with Rhees and I everywhere!!!
1. It all began with Joe McGee: – Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, “says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen.” This was the beginning of God showing us that it’s going to be ok! A few more things that stuck out to me that day were: God is Big, Ask God for help, Be Specific When you Pray, and Don’t Let the Enemy Steal Your Joy!
2. God and I had a long talk about refreshing my heart!
3. Air1- You never let go through every high and every low! I love listening to God through worship music!
4. We were discouraged about having children. We joked about how easy it would be not to have kids and just spend our money and time on ourselves. A sermon from Mike Goolsbay really reminded me that we aren’t here for luxury living….We are here to influence!– adoption seems to be a great way to influence!
5. We were still having doubts about if we should adopt. These Girls Bible Study Challenge questions prompted us to think about God’s call on our life: Will the next page in your life be filled with doubts and distractions? Or will it be filled with discovering the blessing of answering God’s call on your life?
6. At this point I’m hearing God EVERYWHERE!!! So, that is exciting and scary all at the same time! So, one day in my car I began to pray. I was telling Him that I was desperate…I was pretty much at rock bottom. Rhees and I want children so badly and were having a very hard time understanding why we were having so much trouble getting our children. When I was praying, I just broke down telling Him that I didn’t want to do what was right in my eyes…and I needed His help!!!
As you can see my notebook is filling up fast! And I love it!!! This is not all of my notes on what God has been telling us about the questions we have been asking ourselves….so that means I’ll be typing part 2 tomorrow.
I hope you are having a great Thanksgiving!!! Stop and look around….there are so many blessings around you!